- The mission of the Cardiovascular Disease Fellowship Program is to educate fellows in the comprehensive assessment and management of patients with cardiovascular disease processes for subsequent careers in community-based practice or academic practice.
- The Cardiovascular Disease Fellowship Program is a multifaceted, multidisciplinary and comprehensive program providing training in all areas of cardiovascular medicine. The Program strives to provide exceptionally rich clinical and didactic training in cardiovascular medicine and to provide a wide array of clinical and basic science research opportunities.
- In concentration with our sponsoring institution's mission, we serve a culturally and socioeconomically diverse patient population. We provide an unwavering dedication to caring for the underserved, the poor, and the vulnerable.
- Learning takes place in an array of healthcare settings providing experience in inpatient and outpatient environments.
- The Program strives to cultivate a collaborative academic environment that emphasizes clinical skills, scholarly, research, and intellectual pursuit.
- The Program trainees and faculty respond to the dynamic healthcare needs of patients across all cultural and socioeconomic boundaries.
- We strike the ideal individualized balance of clinical autonomy and structured learning for each fellow while promoting an environment of team work, collaboration, and patient-centered care.
- Program leadership provides mentorship that nurtures both personal and professional growth.
- The program provides a comprehensive three-year curriculum providing fellows with expertise in cardiovascular disease prevention, diagnosis, and management of a diverse patient population. Fellows are trained to develop skills necessary to accurately diagnose and treat patients with chronic and acute coronary artery disease, congestive heart failure, basic arrhythmias and cardiovascular hemodynamic alterations. The Program will provide fellows with the tools and opportunities to collaborate across professional boundaries.
- We aim to instill a passion in our fellows to embrace community outreach promoting public health through community education while advocating for the prevention and treatment of cardiovascular events.
- Fellows will successfully incorporate scholarly activities into their evidence-based practice by promoting a collegial mentorship that lasts well beyond fellowship training.
- Our program Leadership is comprised of long-standing faculty members committed to providing a superior clinical and academic environment in which our fellows train. Many of our faculty members are former graduates of our Program who share their passion and dedication to the field of cardiovascular disease medicine.