Program size: 9 fellows
Training Locations: St. Joseph’s University Medical Center, Paterson and St. Michael’s Medical Center, Newark, NJ.
- Weekly continuity clinics
- Board of Health Chest Clinic for tuberculosis patients
- Office elective with faculty pulmonologists
- Echocardiogram, Cardiac Catheterization lab, Palliative care, Cystic fibrosis clinic, Pulmonary rehabilitation, Sleep medicine
- Fellows can choose to do away electives of their choice including ECMO, Pulmonary hypertension, lung transplant, neurosurgery ICU and more.
- Besides the routine procedures in a pulmonary critical care fellowship, we also have fellows taking part in Navigational Bronchoscopy & Endobronchial Ultrasound Bronchoscopy (EBUS) and Bronchial thermoplasty.
Our fellows work daily with residents from Internal Medicine, Emergency Medicine, Family Medicine and Oral-Maxillofacial Surgery departments and medical students from multiple medical schools. They also deliver lectures for residents as well. We encourage and welcome residents, medical students and other providers to attend our lectures which are also broadcast via online platforms.
Our fellows also host the rapid response and code blue simulation labs for the internal medicine residents in our fully equipped, state of the art simulation lab to train them to develop critical thinking and management skills along with knowledge.
Board Pass Rate
100% board pass rates in both, Pulmonary and Critical care boards in the past 5 years.
St. Joseph’s University Medical Center, Paterson, NJ