Pediatric Physical and Occupational Therapy at St. Joseph’s University Medical Center offers a comprehensive program to assist patients and their families in improving their quality of life and achieving optimum independence. Services range from bedside to outpatient therapy with advanced equipment and technology.
Our therapists have received specialized training for the evaluation and treatment of infants, children and young adults who have impairments in movement, coordination, balance, behavior and motor skills. Each patient’s individual needs are addressed through therapeutic play and specialized techniques and patient directed activities in close coordination with families and physicians.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder
- Developmental Delay and Hypotonia
- Neuromuscular Impairments (Cerebral Palsy, Stroke, Brain Injury, etc.)
- Musculoskeletal Impairments (Legg-Calve-Perthes Disease, Hip Dysplasia, Toe Walkers, etc.)
- Orthopedic Disorders (Pre and Post Surgeries, Fractures, etc.)
- Genetics Related Disorders (Spinal Muscular Atrophy, Muscular Dystrophies, Osteogenesis Imperfecta, Rett's Syndrome, etc.)
- Postural Impairments (Scoliosis, Juvenile Kyphosis, Hyperlordosis, Low Back Pain, etc.)
- Balance and Coordination Disorders
- Board Certified Clinical Specialist in Pediatric Physical Therapy by the American Board of Physical Therapy Specalties
- Certified Kinesio Taping Practitioner by the Kineso Taping Association International
- Certified in Neuro-Developmental Treatment by the Neuro-Developmental Treatment Association
- Certified in Schroth Method: 3-D Treatment of Scoliosis and Other Postural Disorders by the Barcelona Scoliosis Physical Therapy School
- Certified Educator of Infant Massage by the Infant Massage USA
- Credentialed Clinical Instructor by the American Physical Theraphy Association
- Contact Us
For more information, please contact:
St. Joseph’s University Medical Center at 973.754.2960.
Physical Therapy Services can be reached between 7:30 a.m. and 6 p.m., Monday through Friday, and between 8 a.m. and 2 p.m., Saturday.
Occupational Therapy Services can be reached between 8:30 a.m. and 6 p.m., Monday through Wednesday, 8:30 a.m. – 3:00 p.m., Thursday, and between 8 a.m. and 4 p.m., Friday.
703 Main St.
Paterson, NJ 07503