The St. Joseph’s Children’s Hospital Pediatric Sleep Disorders Center, renovated in 2014, is located at St. Joseph’s Wayne Medical Center. The center is dedicated to the evaluation of sleep disorders in infants, children and adolescents. It is equipped with a new state-of-the-art comprehensive polysomnographic monitoring system, which is staffed by pediatric sleep technologists. The center is fully accreditated by the American Academy of Sleep Medicine.
The Sleep Center consists of a multidisciplinary team of Board-certified Sleep Specialists, Pediatric Epileptologist and Developmentalist, Clinical Psychologists, as well as members of the Regional Craniofacial Center at St. Joseph's Children's Hospital.
An overnight sleep study or polysomnogram is a tool that can help in the evaluation and management of patients with symptoms that include:
- Mouth breathing
- Excessive daytime sleepiness
- Behavioral problems, including inattentiveness and hyperactivity in school
- Cyanotic or choking spells
- Obesity related breathing problems
- Neuromuscular disease with hypoventilation
- Pre- and post-operative evaluation for scoliosis, spina bifida, cleft palate and other neurosurgical and craniofacial disorders
- Determination of respiratory needs for oxygen and ventilatory support
- Contact Us
Physicians referring patients, please call: Persante at 1.800.SleepRx or fax information to 856.234.5010.