The Autism Center, as part of the Child Development Center at St. Joseph’s Children’s Hospital, employs an interdisciplinary and multidisciplinary approach to the diagnosis of autism spectrum disorders. Our evaluation team is comprised of multiple pediatric subspecialties including developmental pediatrics, neurology, genetics, rehabilitation medicine (physical, occupational, speech and language therapists), feeding and swallowing, child and adolescent psychology and psychiatry.
The objective of the inter and multidisciplinary team is to provide families the experience of a comprehensive approach to the diagnosis of their children, as well as provide critical support services.
Collaborative services provided through the Autism Center include:
- Diagnostic evaluation
- Psychological Assessment (ADOS, developmental, cognitive and achievement testing)
- Child and Adolescent Psychiatric Services
- Social Work Services
- Pediatric Speech and Language Therapy
- Pediatric Occupational Therapy
- Pediatric Physical Therapy
- Psychoeducation/Support Groups
- Parent Skills Training Groups
- Coordination of Services through our Genetics, Feeding and Swallowing and other pediatric services (as needed)
- Referral Services (to community-based programs and services)
For additional information, please contact us:
Teissy Meza, PhD, Program Director