St. Joseph’s University Medical Center is an academic tertiary care medical center located in Paterson, New Jersey. The city of Paterson is an urban, largely multicultural community in northern New Jersey. The DePaul Center at SJUMC provides over 74,000 outpatient clinic visits annually in a wide variety of primary care and specialty clinics that include: internal medicine, cardiology, pediatrics, and HIV. Ambulatory clinical pharmacy services are an integral part of the care that our patients receive.
Our team of highly trained ambulatory care pharmacists includes specialists covering the following areas: Anticoagulation, Internal Medicine, Diabetes, Cardiology, and Infectious Diseases (including HIV, Hepatitis C). Our pharmacists are actively involved with research activities, mentorship and teaching. Members of our team are involved with pharmacy organizational and legislative initiatives on a state and national level.
- Provide training and expertise in a wide range of ambulatory care services, with a focus on underserved populations
- Build upon the foundation of the doctor of pharmacy degree and a PGY-1 pharmacy residency
- Allow the PGY-2 resident to acquire necessary skills to become a competent, successful ambulatory care clinical specialist
- Foster creativity and opportunities for our resident to reach his/her maximum potential
- Enable the PGY2 pharmacy resident to attain the necessary competencies to support him/her to obtain board certification, as well as, a clinical pharmacist and/or faculty position in the field of ambulatory care
Department of Pharmacy Mission
- The mission of the Department of Pharmacy Services is to:
- Embrace best professional practices and standards that provide compassionate, meaningful, and, high quality care for all patients.
- Commit to develop our pharmacists and pharmacy technicians in the areas of education, academia, certification, and career growth to maximize their potential to impact clinical pharmaceutical care.
- Embrace new technology and systems that promotes medication safety, accurate drug distribution, and provision of patient and staff pharmaceutical education.
- Strive to become an industry leader in the management and coordination of pharmacy practice, medication guidelines, and academic excellence.
- Foster creativity and opportunities for pharmacists and pharmacy technicians to help reach their maximum potential.
- Abide by and exceed regulatory standards imposed or suggested by pharmaceutical, governmental, and healthcare agencies