- font size decrease font size increase font size
As a Catholic faith-based institution founded and sponsored by the Sisters of Charity of Saint Elizabeth, we nurture the spiritual, as well as the medical needs of our patients and their families. We recognize faith as a prime mover and as an essential part of our healing ministry. The Pastoral Care Department provides information, consultation, and education that support and enable care of the whole person—care that provides not only for people’s physical needs, but also for their emotional and spiritual needs.
- Reflect the religious and cultural diversity of our health care community
- Are a vital component of the health care team
- Provide services to patients/residents, families, and staff
- Are available 7 days a week, 24 hours a day
- Collaborate with community clergy and lay ministers
- Have training in pastoral counseling, bereavement, aging, crisis intervention, and end-of-life issues
- All are invited to use the hospital/nursing home Chapel for prayer
- Shabbot Room and Shabbot Elevator available at St. Joseph’s Paterson
- Muslim prayer room available at St. Joseph’s Paterson and St. Joseph’s Wayne Medical Center.
St. Joseph’s Health’s Mass Schedule
St. Joseph’s University Medical Center and St. Joseph’s Children’s Hospital:
Sunday - Friday: Noon
St. Joseph’s Wayne Medical Center:
Monday - Friday: 12:30pm
St. Joseph's Healthcare and Rehab Center:
Your own Minister, Priest, Rabbi or Imam is welcome to visit you in your room at your request. We will make every effort to accommodate your religious observance.
The Pastoral Care staff is available at St. Joseph’s University Medical Center and St. Joseph’s Children's Hospital, St. Joseph's Healthcare and Rehab Center and St. Joseph’s Wayne Medical Center for you.