2019 Awards & Recognitions
- font size decrease font size increase font size
- St. Joseph’s University Medical Center, which includes St. Joseph’s Children’s Hospital, has been awarded Magnet® Recognition as part of the American Nurses Credentialing Center's (ANCC) Magnet Recognition Program® -- five consecutive times since 1999.
- St. Joseph’s University Medical Center was named a Top Teaching Hospital by The Leapfrog Group. St. Joseph’s was one of just 53 teaching hospitals across the country to earn this distinction.
- St. Joseph’s University Medical Center is the only hospital in New Jersey to receive 3 Excellence Awards in Women’s Care from HealthGrades.
The Geriatric Emergency Department at St. Joseph’s University Medical Center is one of just nine departments in the country – and the only one in New Jersey -- to achieve accreditation from the American College of Emergency Physicians - ACEP.
- St. Joseph’s Healthcare and Rehab Center was recognized by U.S. News & World Report in Best Nursing Homes and received a five-star rating from Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services.
- The Intersocietal Accreditation Commission has reaccredited the St. Joseph’s Health Nuclear Cardiology Lab for the next three years (through December 2021).
- The St. Joseph’s Mobile ICU was awarded the 2019 American Heart Association’s Mission Lifeline Gold Plus Award for STEMI and Stroke care
St. Joseph’s Health is accredited by Det Norske Veritas (DNV) Health Care Inc., the leading accreditor of U.S. hospitals.
- St. Joseph’s University Medical Center has received Level II Trauma Center reverification, for the next 3 years, by the Committee on Trauma of the American College of Surgeons (ACS). This achievement recognizes the trauma center's dedication to providing optimal care for injured patients.
- St. Joseph’s University Medical Center’s Emergency Department received the 'Partner in Prevention' award from United for Prevention in Passaic County - for their collaboration and contribution to the work of the coalition.