- Robotics at St. Joseph's current position
- How does my surgeon use the da Vinci?
- The Benefits of da Vinci Surgery
- What can doctors treat using the da Vinci Robotic Surgical System?
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Additional Information
We're using the da Vinci® Robotic Surgical System to help urologic and gynecologic patients get back to their lives faster.
Despite its name, robotic surgery is actually performed by highly experienced, specially trained surgeons. They are assisted by an integrated system of advanced computer and robotic technologies.
The da Vinci system gives St. Joseph's surgeons the advantage when performing minimally invasive surgery for the treatment of cancers and other conditions. It allows the physician to make precise, delicate motions.
The robot is completely controlled by the surgeon, and allows for greater precision than the human hand can achieve on its own. A da Vinci surgery is less invasive — which means less pain, blood loss and scarring, and a faster return to normal daily activities.
Page 1 of 6 All Pages