Applying to the Program
The Department of Surgery participates in the ERAS Program for the residency application process. Our program number is 189075.
To complete your ERAS application you will need:
- A photograph
- Personal Statement
- Comlex Level 1, Level 2 CE, and Level 2 PE
- 3 letters of recommendation with at least one recommendation from surgery, preferably from an academic surgery program.
- Dean's letter
The Surgical Residency Program requires:
- Comlex Level 1, Level 2CE must be completed successfully prior to an interview.
- Comlex Level 2 PE should be completed and results reported prior to the match date.
- Graduation from Medical School: Must be within the past 3 years except for military service requirements.
- Applicants must be graduates of approved medical schools in the United States
- Interviews are required
Once completed ERAS applications are reviewed, qualified applicants will be invited to interview. We offer interviews on Wednesday's only, from the beginning of October through January.
No interview will be conducted if your application is not complete.
Address inquires to:
Ms. Wanda Novak – Residency Program Coordinator
St. Joseph's Regional Medical Center - Dept. of Surgery
703 Main Street, Paterson, New Jersey 07503 Phone: 973.754.2671
Page 4 of 6 All Pages