- Didactics: Every Thursday - 3 hour block – protected time
- (Covers Chapter and Board Review, Attending lectures, Journal Club, Case presentations and Oral Board Practice Sessions)
- Grand Rounds Conference: Two Wednesday's per month
- Trauma Morbidity & Mortality Conference: twice a month
- General Surgery Morbidity & Mortality Conference: 1 hour per week
- Tumor Board: 1 hour per month with case presentations required on a rotating basis
- General Surgery Clinic: Every Thursday morning
- Pediatric Surgery Clinic: Every Wednesday morning on a rotating basis.
- Surgical Critical Care Journal Club: Once a month
- Daily ICU rounds while covering in the SICU
Research and submission for publication required and supported.
- PGY-1 Case Report
- PGY-2 Case Report and identify long term research
- PGY-3, 4, 5 Research paper adequate for submission to peer reviewed Journal
- PGY-3, 4, 5 Work with and/or publish long term project
Approved submissions accepted for presentation are supported for presentation by the Department of Surgery.
Page 3 of 6 All Pages