As a Catholic faith-based institution founded and sponsored by the Sisters of Charity of Saint Elizabeth, we nurture the spiritual, as well as the medical needs of our patients and their families. We recognize faith as a prime mover and as an essential part of our healing ministry. The Pastoral Care Department provides information, consultation, and education that support and enable care of the whole person—care that provides not only for people’s physical needs, but also for their emotional and spiritual needs.
The St. Joseph's Healthcare System Chaplains:
- Reflect the religious and cultural diversity of our health care community,
- Are a vital component of the health care team,
- Provide services to patients/residents, families, and staff,
- Are available 7 days a week, 24 hours a day,
- Collaborate with community clergy and lay ministers,
- Have training in pastoral counseling, bereavement, aging, crisis intervention, and end-of-life issues.
- All are invited to use the hospital/nursing home Chapel for prayer.
St. Joseph's Healthcare System's Mass schedule is as follows:
St. Joseph's Regional Medical Center and St. Joseph's Children's Hospital:
- Monday – Friday: 6:30 a.m. and 12 noon
- Saturday: 5:00 p.m.
- Sunday: 6:30 a.m. and 3:45 p.m.
St. Joseph's Wayne Hospital, a division of St. Joseph's Regional Medical Center:
- Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday: 1:00 p.m.
- Sunday: 9:00 a.m.
St. Vincent's Nursing Home:
- Sunday – Thursday: 11:00 a.m.
Holy Communion is distributed to all patients/residents on a daily basis.
Your own Minister, Priest, Rabbi or Imam is welcome to visit you in your room at your request. We will make every effort to accommodate your religious observance.
The Pastoral Care staff is available at St. Joseph's Regional Medical Center and St. Joseph's Children's Hospital, St. Vincent's Nursing Home and St. Joseph's Wayne Hospital for you.
For more information or to request a visit from the Chaplain or priest, please call the Pastoral Care Department at:
St. Joseph's Regional Medical Center and St. Joseph's Children's Hospital: 973.754.3015
St. Joseph's Wayne Hospital: 973.956.3702
St. Vincent's Nursing Home: 973.754.4812