The Center for Education & Development, organized and operated under the Human Resources Department, is committed to providing and facilitating quality education for the employees, patients and community served by St. Joseph's Healthcare System.
Specifically we provide:
- Education for all levels of health care professionals who care for adult and pediatric clients, for families during their life experiences of childbirth and parenting and for the community at large in safety, health and wellness.
- Support for students at the high school, undergraduate and graduate levels to learn and experience modern health care. We form liaisons with academics to collaborate in research and educational projects and promote agreements and grant opportunities which serve to provide career development and enhancements for employees.
- Consultation to all levels of management staff for performance and quality improvement initiatives using educational expertise, facilitation techniques and project management skills.
- Health education services and community outreach activities through relationships with schools, community agencies, businesses and public entities as well as medical center departments and affiliates.
- Multi-media, cultural-and-literacy sensitive educational materials in support of educational requirements and competencies.