Appointment to the medical staff is a privilege, which is extended only to professionally competent individuals who continuously meet the qualifications, standards and requirements set forth by the St. Joseph's Regional Medical Center and the St. Joseph's Healthcare System Board of Trustees.
Only physicians, dentists and podiatrists who satisfy the following conditions shall be considered for appointment to the medical staff:
- are currently licensed to practice in this state,
- possess current Federal and State of New Jersey drug licenses,
- are located close enough to provide timely care for their patients,
- possess current, valid professional liability insurance coverage in such form and in amount satisfactory to the Board of Trustees,
- are certified by the appropriate specialty board (physicians and oral and maxillofacial surgeons, and podiatrists) that is officially recognized by the American Medical Association, the American Osteopathic Association, the American Dental Association or the American Podiatric Medical Specialties Board.
- can document their:
- background, experience, training and demonstrated competence,
- adherence to the ethics of their profession,
- good reputation and character, including the applicant's physical health and mental and emotional stability; and
- ability to work harmoniously with others to ensure that all patients treated by them at the Medical Center will receive quality care, and its medical staff will be able to operate in an orderly manner.