St. Joseph's Healthcare System is accredited by Det Norske Veritas (DNV) Health Care Inc., the leading accreditor of U.S. hospitals.
St. Joseph's Healthcare System, has been named among the Nation's MOST WIRED hospitals and health care systems for the second consecutive year. The 289 organizations included in this year's MOST WIRED list demonstrate progress through innovation by establishing robust clinical information systems aimed at improving patient care.
The list of recognized organizations, published in the July 2013 issue of the American Hospital Association's H&HN (Hospitals & Health Networks) magazine, reflects the results of the 2013 Most Wired Survey conducted in cooperation with McKesson Corp., AT&T, the College of Healthcare Information Management Executives, and the American Hospital Association.
St. Joseph's Healthcare System has been named to the annual list of 'Top 100 Great Places to Work' by Becker's ASC/Becker's Hospital Review for 2013, it's 3rd consecutive year on the list.
St. Joseph's Regional Medical Center has been named among the Best Regional Hospitals in the New York Metro Area and as one of the Best Hospitals in Northern New Jersey by U.S. News & World Report. St. Joseph's has also been recognized as high performing in 10 different specialties - out of a possible 16. These include: Cancer, Diabetes & Endocrinology, Gastroenterology & GI Surgery, Geriatrics, Gynecology, Nephrology, Neurology & Neurosurgery, Orthopedics, Pulmonology, and Urology.
St. Joseph's Regional Medical Center has been recognized with both the 2013 Maternity Care Excellence Award (2nd consecutive year) and 2013 Gynecologic Surgery Excellence Award (3rd consecutive year) for providing outstanding performance as measured by Healthgrades.
St. Joseph's Regional Medical Center and St. Joseph's Children's Hospital are three-time recipients of the Magnet Award for Nursing Excellence, which is the highest recognition awarded by the American Nurses Credentialing Center, recognizing them for sustained excellence since 1999.
St. Joseph's Healthcare System, a state-accredited education facility, is a member of the New Jersey Council of Teaching Hospitals.
St. Joseph's Regional Medical Center is designated as one of the first three facilities in the state of New Jersey to receive accreditation from the Laboratory Accreditation Board of the American Board of Registration of Electroencephalographic and Evoked Potential Technologists (ABRET) for comprehensive high caliber EEG Laboratory Services.
St. Joseph's Regional Medical Center is accredited by the American College of Surgeons Commission on Cancer which ensures the provision of comprehensive cancer care including state-of-the-art equipment, a multidisciplinary approach to treatment, access to clinical trials, and early detection programs.
• St. Joseph's Regional Medical Center received the prestigious 2013 New Jersey Hospital Association (NJHA) and its Health Research and Educational Trust (HRET) Community Outreach Award. This year's NJHA HRET award salutes the AgeWISE Program at St. Joseph's Regional Medical Center for 'Improving End-of-Life Care,' a model initiative that enhances patient care while advancing nursing practice through unique collaborative processes.
• St. Joseph's Regional Medical Center is a recipient of the 2013 New Good Neighbor Award presented by the New Jersey Business & Industry Association (NJBIA). The New Good Neighbor Award recognizes the best and most exciting commercial and industrial development projects in New Jersey based on economic benefit, job creation, architectural merit, and community development.
• The AgeWISE Program at St. Joseph's Regional Medical Center was selected as a finalist in the 2013 NJBIZ Healthcare Heroes awards program, Innovation Hero-Organization category.
• St. Joseph's Healthcare System received a Bronze Award from the Aster Awards Program, sponsored by Marketing Healthcare Today magazine for our Pediatric Harvest Party Invitation/Flyer.
• St. Joseph's Healthcare System received the 19th Annual Communicator Awards Program - Silver Award, for The AWL, January 2013 Issue. The Communicator Awards Program is sponsored by the International Academy of the Visual Arts.
• St. Joseph's Children's Hospital received an award from Healthcare Marketing Report's 13th Annual Healthcare Advertising Awards for our St. Joseph's Children's Hospital Billboard.
• St. Joseph's Healthcare System received a Bronze Award from the Aster Awards Program for our "I Make A Difference" Embracing Excellence Video in the category of Special Video Production sponsored by Marketing Healthcare Today magazine.
• St. Joseph's Regional Medical Center is a recipient of the NJ Sharing Network's prestigious Circle of Life Award. The award was presented to the Critical Care Committee on behalf of the multi-disciplinary efforts to save lives through organ donation.
• The Acute Rehabilitation Unit (ARU) at St. Joseph's Wayne Hospital was selected as a finalist in the 2012 NJBIZ Healthcare Heroes awards program, Physical Therapy Center of the Year category.
• Francine Haluskha Katz, Esq., Vice President and General Counsel, St. Joseph's Healthcare System, was selected as a finalist for the 2013 NJBIZ General Counsel of the Year Award.
• Maria Brennan, DNPc, RN, CPHQ, Chief Nursing Officer, SJHS, and Vice President, Patient Care Services, SJRMC, is the recipient of the 2012 Distinguished Service Award presented at the Organization of Nurse Executives of New Jersey's (ONE/NJ) Nursing Leadership Awards celebration.
• Mark W. Connolly, MD, FACS, FACC, Chairman of the Department of Surgery, St. Joseph's Regional Medical Center is the recipient of The Humanitarian of the Year Award bestowed by the Catholic Charities of the Archdiocese of Newark on the occasion of The Archbishop's Gala.