St. Joseph's Healthcare System – Across the Community
- The City of Paterson and St. Joseph's Healthcare System joined hands to build a park in the first step in the City's Urban Enterprise Zone redevelopment process.
- St. Joseph's Healthcare System works with Passaic County Community College to assist Passaic High seniors by providing opportunities for students to experience health care careers.
- Staff from St. Joseph's Healthcare System provide informational and educational seminars throughout the community to various audience groups including children, adults and seniors. Topics include healthy food choices and lifestyle habits, car seat and bicycle helmet safety, heart healthy lifestyles, the benefits of coronary artery scoring related to the health risks of being a firefighter and Diabetes education.
- To help promote careers in health care, St. Joseph's Healthcare System helps to provide scholarships for high school and college students who have a parent or relative working within the health care system.
- St. Joseph's Healthcare System works with programs to help educate low-income families about the importance of reading to their children, our patients.
- Community members are constantly fundraising and donating money, books, toys and their time to support numerous programs at St. Joseph's Healthcare System.