The Center for Education and Development, organized and operated under the Human Resources Department, is committed to providing and facilitating quality education for the employees, patients, and community served by St. Joseph's Healthcare System.
The Center for Education and Development provides:
- Education for all levels of health care professionals who care for adult and pediatric clients, education for families during their life experiences of childbirth and parenting, and education for the community at large in safety, health, and wellness,
- Support for students at the high school, undergraduate, and graduate levels to learn and experience modern health care. We form liaisons with academic facilities to collaborate in research and educational projects, as well as promote agreements and grant opportunities that serve to provide career development and enhancements for employees.
- Consultation to all levels of management staff for performance and quality improvement initiatives using educational expertise, facilitation techniques, and project management skills.
- Health education services and community outreach activities through relationships with schools, community agencies, businesses and public entities, as well as medical center departments and affiliates.
- Multi-media, cultural-and-literacy sensitive educational materials in support of educational requirements and competencies.