A variety of hosptial departments work together to provide Wellness@Work, a wellness program for employees and staff. Wellness@Work seeks to instruct and inform on a selection of health and wellness topics using a variety of unique methods.
Wellness@Work programs include:
- Monthly display table with consumer health information, giveaways and raffle items
- Monthly blood pressure screenings
- Library collection of consumer health books and DVDs
- Meditation/quiet rooms
- Smoking cessation resources
- Annual health fairs for men & women
- Monthly free 15-minute chair massage clinic
- Employee book club that meets monthly in the library
- Holistic care/Educational/Wellness fairs
The Wellness@Work Committee began hosting the Women’s and Men’s Health events in 2006. Since then they have touched the lives of over 1500 employees and community members. More than 50 St. Joseph’s experts have spoken over the years on a variety of topics including Ergonomics, Stroke, Oral Health, Diabetes, Back Care, Nutrition, Arthritis and Eye Care. Each year participants not only benefit from the knowledge of our health experts, but also from the many free health screenings which have included blood pressure, blood sugar, hemoglobin, body mass index (BMI), lipid profile, oral cancer screening and PSA testing.